Guapeza valenciana




 page 10


Eran gente de buenas tragaderas, y pronto salió a luz el fondo de la sartén, viéndose, por los profundos agujeros que las cucharas de palo abrían en la masa de arroz, el meloso socarraet, el bocado más exquisito de la paella.

De vino, no digamos. A un lado estaba el pellejo vacío, exangüe, estremeciéndose con las convulsiones de la agonía, y las rondas eran interminables, pasando de mano en mano los enormes vasos, en cuyo negro contenido nadaban los trozos de limón para hacer más aromático el líquido.
A los postres, aquellas caras perdieron algo de su máscara feroz, se reía y bromeaba, con la pretina suelta para favorecer la digestión y lanzando poderosos regüeldos.

They were the people of good throat, and soon the fund of the frying pan went out to light, being seen, for the deep holes that the spoons of stick were opening in the mass of rice, the honeyed socarraet, the most exquisite morsel of the paella.

Of wine, let's not say. Aside the empty, bloodless pelt was, trembling with the convulsions of the agony, and the rounds were endless, going on from hand in hand the enormous glasses, in whose black content the pieces of lemon were swimming to make the liquid more aromatic.
To the desserts, those faces lost something of his fierce mask, one was laughing and joking, with the free waistband to favor the digestion and throwing powerful regüeldos.

vocabulary
tener buenas tragaderas = 'to play a good knife and fork', to eat a lot
salir a luz = to become visible
el meloso socarraet = juicy crust
la cuchara de palo = spoon of wood
el bocado = morsel
el pellejo = wineskin
exangüe = to the last drop
la pretina = waistband
la digestión = digestion






contact privacy statement imprint