Guapeza valenciana




 page 33


El pequeño lo alcanzó sacando de entre las sábanas sus brazos enflaquecidos, ahogando con penosos estertores el dolor que sentía en las llagadas entrañas al incorporarse.
-¡La orella! ... ¡La orella d’eixe lladre!*

Rechinaron los dientes con los dos fuertes mordiscos que dió al asqueroso cartílago, y sus hermanos, sonriendo complacidos al comprender hasta dónde llegaba la furia de su cachorro, tuvieron que arrebatarle la oreja de Pepet para que no la devorase.

The small one reached it extracting of between the sheets his emaciated arms, drowning with painful death rattles the pain that he was feeling in the wounded entrails on having joined.
- The orella!... The orella d'eixe lladre! *

They creaked the teeth with two strong bites that it gave to the disgusting cartilage, and his brothers, smiling liked on having understood up to where the fury of his pup was coming, had to snatch the ear of Pepet so that it was not devouring her.


¡La orella! ... ¡La orella d’eixe lladre!* = La oreja!... La oreja de ese ladrón!

vocabulary
la sábana = linen (sheet)
enflaquecido = haggard
penoso = regrettable
el estertor = stertorousness
la llagada = open wound
rechinar = to crunch
el cartílago= der gristle
el cachorro = whelp
arrebatar = to tear off






contact privacy statement imprint