Guapeza valenciana




 page 29


Y lo más triste era que, muerto Pepet, el valiente de verdad, el guapo entre los guapos, los Bandullos camparían como únicos amos, y las personas decentes, que eran los demás, tendrían que juntarse para que les diesen las sobras y poder comer. ¡Tan tranquilos que estaban amparados por aquel león de la Ribera que se había propuesto acabar con los Bandullos!...
Los que más irritados se mostraban eran los neófitos, los aprendices que no habían estrenado la tea que llevaban cruzada sobre los riñones; los que no tenían aún categoría para vivir de la tremenda, pero que sentían por Pepet la misma adoración de los salvajes ante un astro nuevo.

And the saddest age that, dead person Pepet, the brave one really, the gallant between the gallants, the Bandullos would stand out as the only owners, and the decent persons, who were the others, would have to join so that they were giving them the scraps and to be able to eat. So calm that they were protected by that lion of the Bank that it had proposed to finish with the Bandullos!...
Those who more annoyed were appearing were the neophytes, the beginners who had not released the firelighter that they had crossed on the kidneys; those who still did not have category to live of the tremendous one, but that they were feeling for Pepet the same adoration of the savages before a new star.


vocabulary
campar = to excel
las sobras = remains
amparado = protected
el neófito = greenhorn
estrenar la tea = to burn the torch, here: to use the knife for the first time
tremendo = tremendous






contact privacy statement imprint