page 4


Aquello era una fiesta importantísima, digna de que la voceasen por la noche los vendedores de La Correspondencia a falta de "El crimen de hoy!" *
Iban todos a comerse una paella en el camino de Burjasot para solemnizar dignamente las paces entre los Bandullos y Pepet.
Los hombres cuanto más hombres, más serios para ganarse la vida.
¿Qué se iba adelantando con hacerse la guerra sin cuartel y reñir batalla todas las noches? Nada; que se asustaran los tontos y rieran los listos; pero, en resumen, ni una peseta, y los padres de familia expuestos a ir a presidio.
Valencia era grande y había pan para todos. Pepet no se metería para nada con la timba que tenían los Bandullos, y éstos le dejarían con mucha complacencia que gozase en paz lo que sacara de las otras.

That was the most important, worthy holiday of that the sellers of The Mail were shouting in the night for lack of " The today crime! " *
They all were going to eat up a paella in the way of Burjasot to solemnize worthily the peaces between the Bandullos and Pepet.

The men more men, more serious to make the living.
What was going forward in spite of doing to him the war without barracks and scolding battle every night? Not at all; that the idiots were scared and the ready ones were laughing; but, in short, not even a peseta, and the family parents exhibited to going to prison.

Valency was big and there was bread for all. Pepet would not put for anything with the gambling house that had the Bandullos, and these would leave him with great pleasure that he was enjoying in peace what it was extracting of others.

* two newspapers


vocabulary
digno = worthy
vocear = to shout, to cry out
ganarse la vida = to earn a living
solemnizar = to celebrate
sin cuartel = merciless
reñir batalla = to fight
ir a presidio = to go to jail
la complacencia = complacency
gozar = to enjoy
sacar = to procure






contact privacy statement imprint