Guapeza valenciana




 page 2


La baraja estaba completa. ¡Vive Dios! Que era un verdadero acontecimiento ver reunidos en una sola familia bebiendo amigablemente, a todos los guapos que días antes tenían alarmada la ciudad y cada dos noches andaban a tiros por Pescadores o la calle de las Barcas, para provecho de los periódicos noticieros, mayor trabajo de las Casas de Socorro y no menos fatiga de la Policía, que echaba a correr a los primeros rugidos de aquellos leones que se disputaban el privilegio de vivir a costa de un valor más o menos reconocido.

The card was finished. God lives! That was a real event to see assembled in only one family drinking amicably, to all the gallants who days earlier had the city alarmed and every two nights they were walking to shots for Fishermen or the street of the Boats, for profit of the periodic newscasters, major work of the Houses of Help and not less it tires of the Police, which was beginning to run to the first roars of those lions that were disputing the privilege of living at the cost of a more or less recognized value.

vocabulary
la baraja = card-game
el acontecimiento = incident
el noticiero = journalist
el provecho = advantage
la fatiga = strain
echar a correr = to start to run
el rugido = roar
disputar = to fight
el valor = courage






contact privacy statement imprint