El rayo de Luna (The Moonbeam): Tercera parte




  page 15

-¡Ah!, por aquí, por aquí va -exclamó entonces.- Oigo sus pisadas sobre las hojas secas, y el crujido de su traje que arrastra por el suelo y roza en los arbustos; -y corría y corría como un loco de aquí para allá, y no la veía.
-Pero siguen sonando sus pisadas -murmuró otra vez;- creo que ha hablado; no hay duda, ha hablado...

El viento que suspira entre las ramas; las hojas, que parece que rezan en voz baja, me han impedido oír lo que ha dicho; pero no hay duda, va por ahí, ha hablado... ha hablado... ¿En qué idioma? No sé, pero es una lengua extranjera...

"Ah, here, here she walks", he exclaimed "I hear her steps in the droughty leafes and the rustling of her gown touching the ground and streaking the bushes; and he ran and ran like a lunatic from here to there; and he did not see her.
"But her steps can still be heard", he murmured again, "I think she has spoken; there is no doubt, she has spoken...

The wind that whispered through the branches, the leaves that seem to pray with soft voices prevent me from understanding what she said; but there is no doubt, there she goes, she has spoken ..., has spoken ... What language? I do not know, but it is a strange language.

vocabulary
la pisada = step
el crujido = rustle
arrastrar = to drag
rozar = to streak






contact privacy statement imprint