Guapeza valenciana




 page 21


Pero les contuvo un gesto imperioso del hermano mayor, Néstor de la familia, cuyas indicaciones seguían todos ciegamente. Aún no se había acabado el mundo. Lo que él aconsejaba y siempre salía bien: paciencia y mala intención.
El pequeño, pálido, casi exánime, echando sangre y más sangre por entre la faja, fue llevado por sus hermanos a la tartana, que aguardaba cerca de la alquería, que trajo por la mañana todo el arreglo de la paella.
-¡Arrea, tartanero! ... ¡Al hospital! Donde van los hombres cuando están en desgracia.
Y la tartana se alejó dando tumbos que arrancaban al herido rugidos de dolor.
Pepet limpió el cuchillo con hojas de ensalada que había en el suelo, lo lavó en la acequia y volvió a guardarlo con tanto cariño como si fuese un hijo.

But they were contained by an imperious gesture of the biggest brother, Néstor of the family, which indications were still all ciegamente. The world still had not been finished. What he was advising and it was always going out well: patience and bad intention.
The small one, the pale one, almost lifeless, throwing blood and more bleed for between the strip, it was taken by his brothers to the trap, which was waiting next to the farmhouse, which brought in the morning the whole arrangement of the paella. - Arrea, tartanero!... To the hospital! Where the men go when they are in misfortune.
And the trap moved away giving bumps that were starting to the injured man roars of pain.
Pepet cleaned the knife with sheets of salad that existed in the soil, washed it in the ditch and kept it again with so much fondness as if he was a son.


vocabulary
contener = to restrain
exánime = exanimate
la tartana = cart (with two wheels)
dar tumbos = to stagger
estar en desgracia = to be in an accident





contact privacy statement imprint