Guapeza valenciana




 page 14


Lo que él decía allí lo repetía en todas partes. Había muchos embusteros. Valientes de mata-morta, como los melones malos. Él conocía un guapo que se creía una fiera porque le habían vestido de señor; mentira todo, mentira. El muy fachenda, hasta intentaba presumir y le hacía corrococos a María la Borriquera, la cordobesa que cantaba flamenco en el café de la Peña... ¡Ya voy! ...

Ella se burlaba del muy bruto: tenía poco mérito para engañarla: la chica se reservaba para hombres de valía, para valientes de verdad; él, por ejemplo, que estaba cansado de acompañarla por las madrugadas cuando salía del café.

What he was saying there was repeating it everywhere. There were many liars. Brave of bush - morta, like the bad melons. He was meeting a gallant that a wild animal believed because they had dressed him in gentleman; he will lie quite, will lie. Much fachenda, it even was trying to presume and was doing him corrococos to Maria la Borriquera, the of Cordoba one that flamenco was singing in the coffee of the Rock... I go already!...
She was making fun of the very gross one: it had merit small to cheat her: the girl was saving herself for men of worth, for brave really; he, for example, that was tired of accompanying her in the dawns when it was going out of the snack bar.


vocabulary
el embustero = liar
los valientes de mata-morta (folloneros) = the brave of murder and homicide (good-for-nothing)
el melón malo = evil fool
la fachenda = panache
presumir = to boast
hacer corrococos = to coquette
burlarse = to kid
el bruto = brute
de valía = of value
la madrugada = early morning






contact privacy statement imprint