La cruz del diablo (Devil's Cross)




 page 61

En tanto que las piezas arrojadas a las llamas comenzaban a enrojecerse, largos y profundos gemidos parecían escaparse de la ancha hoguera, de entre cuyos troncos saltaban como si estuvieran vivas y sintiesen la acción del fuego. Una tromba de chispas rojas, verdes y azules danzaba en la cúspide de sus encendidas lenguas, y se retorcían crujiendo como si una legión de diablos, cabalgando sobre ellas, pugnase por libertar a su señor de aquel tormento.
Extraña, horrible fue la operación en tanto que la candente armadura perdía su forma para tomar la de una cruz.
While the pieces thrown to the flames began to blush, long and deep groans seemed to escape of the wide bonfire, of between whose trunks were jumping as if they were alive and were feeling the action of the fire. A waterspout of red, green and blue sparks was dancing in the summit of his burning languages, and they were twisting rattling as if a devils' legion, riding on them, was fighting to liberate his master of that anguish.
Strange, horrible was the operation while the white hot armor was losing his form to take that of a cross.

vocabulary  


la tromba de chispas = rain of sparks
la lengua = tongue, here: flame
pugnar por = to wrestle for
candente = candent





contact privacy statement imprint