La cruz del diablo (Devil's Cross)




 page 3
Una pelada roca, a cuyos pies tuercen éstas su curso, y sobre cuya cima se notan aún remotos vestigios de construcción, señala la antigua línea divisoria entre el condado de Urgel y el más importante de sus feudos.
A la derecha del tortuoso sendero que conduce a este punto, remontando la corriente del río y siguiendo sus curvas y frondosos márgenes, se encuentra una cruz.
El asta y los brazos son de hierro; la redonda base en que se apoya, de mármol, y la escalinata que a ella conduce, de oscuros y mal unidos fragmentos de sillería.

A bare rock, to whose feet twist these his course, and on whose top still remote traces of construction are evident, it points out the ancient dividing line between the county of Urgel and the most important of his fiefs.

To the right of the tortuous footpath that he leads to this point, mending the current of the river and following his curves and leafy margins, one finds a cross.
The flagstaff and the arms are of iron; the round base on which it rests, of marble, and the staircase that leads her, of dark and badly close fragments of chairs.

vocabulary  
una pelada roca = a bare rock
torcer = to wind
la cima = top
el vestigio = trace
remoto = remote
el condado = shire
el feudo = fief
remontar= to ascend a river
frondoso = leafy
el asta = stack
la escalinata = stairs
el fragmento de sillería = a piece of a stone cuboid





contact privacy statement imprint